Hilltoppers is a social ministry for members and friends of UniLu ages 55 and older.
We meet on the THIRD WEDNESDAY of each month (except December and the summer months) for a luncheon and an interesting, but brief program. Meetings are normally held at the church in the Fellowship Hall and begin at noon. Occasionally, we will hold our meeting off-site with a picnic lunch or buffet, and a special program. We also arrange a couple “field trips” during the year. Dues are only $5 per person for the whole year, with scholarships available when needed. Our meals are arranged by volunteer members and are normally less than $5 per person. Our purpose is to provide fun and fellowship (and, of course, great meals).
Next Gathering: Wednesday, September 18, 2019.
Contact: Jean Mehlman (email@example.com)
Women of the ELCA (WELCA)
WELCA is a service ministry open to all women.
The University Lutheran congregational unit of WELCA consists of two circles that meet on the FOURTH MONDAY of each month in the Fellowship Hall on the upper level of the Education Building. As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
The Ruth Circle (meets at 12 pm):
- Donates paper products to the Clemson Child Development Center each month.
- Collects Campbell’s soups “Labels for Education” to donate to the Central Elementary School
- Collects fronts of greeting cards to be recycled by children at St. Jude’s Ranch
- Knits prayer shawls for the ministers to distribute
- Supports the SC WELCA Annual Convention Collection.
The Evening Circle (meets at 6:30 pm):
- Conducts a workshop to make new Chrismons for the church
Lutheran Men in Mission (LMM)
LMM is a service ministry open to all men.
The University Lutheran congregational unit of LMM meets almost monthly in the Adult II classroom in the lower level of the Education Building. LMM serves to make disciples of men that have a deep and meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. We do this by financial support of the Lutheran mission churches in South Carolina along with the Master Builders Bible Program, One Year to Live Retreats, Building Men Through Christ Seminars, and Men In Action young men events.
The University Lutheran congregational unit of Lutheran Men in Mission endeavor to:
- Provide financial support for the development of mission congregations in the SC Synod.
- Provide opportunities to make disciples of men by sponsoring gatherings, local congregational unit meetings, conference meetings and Bible Studies.
- Support Lutheran Men in Mission by the giving of time, talents, and money to support a strong church-wide men’s ministry.
Contact: Jim Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)