Women of the ELCA (WELCA)
WELCA is a service ministry open to all women.
The University Lutheran congregational unit of WELCA consists of two circles that meet on the FOURTH MONDAY of each month in the Fellowship Hall on the upper level of the Education Building. As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
The Ruth Circle (meets at 12 pm):
- Donates paper products to the Clemson Child Development Center each month.
- Collects Campbell’s soups “Labels for Education” to donate to the Central Elementary School
- Collects fronts of greeting cards to be recycled by children at St. Jude’s Ranch
- Knits prayer shawls for the ministers to distribute
- Supports the SC WELCA Annual Convention Collection.
The Evening Circle (meets at 6:30 pm):
- Conducts a workshop to make new Chrismons for the church
Foothills Conference Coordinator: Lena Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lutheran Men in Mission (LMM)
LMM is a service ministry open to all men. LMM serves to make disciples of men that have a deep and meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. We do this by financial support of the Lutheran mission churches in South Carolina along with the Master Builders Bible Program, One Year to Live Retreats, Building Men Through Christ Seminars, and Men In Action young men events.
The University Lutheran congregational unit of Lutheran Men in Mission is not currently meeting but is looking for opportunities for men to share in fellowship and develop a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. If you are interested in LMM please reach out to the listed contact below.
Contact: Jim Jones (email@example.com)